Monday, April 4, 2011

Another Successful Birthday Party

I love to put on Birthday Parties for my kids!  Well...until the day of, then I just get a little stressed out.  But Every year they get put on and I try to make it as memorable as possible for them.   I usually pick a theme and sometimes we go all out and other years it is a little more simple.  Lately, as the kids have gotten older, they pick their own theme.   This year for Emmett's 7th birthday he wanted a orange & black Liberty Center Tigers Party!


I have to laugh at his reason for picking a Tiger Party.  I told him he could do Buckeyes or Browns if he wanted.  He told me wanted a Liberty Center Party because his Uncle Nick doesn't like the Buckeyes or the Browns but does like the Tigers!  I asked him why don't we just have a Uncle Nick themed party.  Woudn't Uncle Nick's face look really cool on a balloon ?!??  Ha Ha!!  But Uncle Nick is probably Emmett's ultimate favorite person right now!

Here is Uncle Nick with the cutest littlest Tiger at the Party...




~Some Birthday Party Fun~




I baked 61 cupcakes and had 31 left....WAY too many!


Yep I still hang crepe paper streamer like my mom used to do.  The Kids LOVE it!



Some of the kids getting ready for the best part.... Presents!!!!!


The Baseball bat he got that almost went through the TV!!



His gift from mom & dad...his very own wakeboard.  His other favorite thing next to uncle Nick!


Seven candles in a cupcake is almost too many!!


Sometimes I think these parties are alot of work.  But it is so fun to have all of our family and close friends together for dinner.  And it is one day that my kids can feel very special and know that is was all for them.

Oh...in our family (mostly my mom) we trace the little kids hand and write inside their name and how old they are.  Well we don't usually do it when their 28, but Nick does.  This is just proof that he is the biggest dork in the family.  I think the reason Emmett and him get along so well is they may be at the same level... haha!!


Thanks for all our wonderful friends and family that make it such a fun night for our not so little birthday boy!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great party! The party favors look awesome! I bet Nick is loving that Emmett looks up to him so much. Can you plan my kid's next party?

    ReplyDelete