Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Several years in the making...

You always know that someday you will throw a baby shower for your sister but you never really think about it until they are actually expecting their baby.  But for me, I started thinking about this day way before that.  I couldn't wait for the day that we would be able to get together with friends and family to celebrate Shannon becoming a mommy.  I knew that when planning this shower the wait would FINALLY be over and we were all ready for that wait to be over.  While Shannon was struggling with wondering if her & Aaron would ever get to have a child of there own, I would always tell her that it would happen and when it did we were going to throw her the "mother" of all baby showers.  Marsha, Mom, Michelle, Alisha, Kara & I did our best to do just that!!



While searching blogs (which is what I usually do in the evening), I found this really cute bumble bee baby shower idea.  I emailed it to Marsha & Michelle to get their approval and with their OK...we were off!!  We had so much fun shopping for all the yellow & black!!






~ Look at that absolutely Glowing Mother-to-be ~

And we all know that the best thing about a baby shower is getting to see to the soon to be mommy open all that baby stuff and imagining her brand new baby using or wearing it all !!   Shannon definately got her fair share of stuff for baby.










~ Marsha & I couldn't wait to get our hands on all that stuff and Organize it ~
She actually thought she had too many wipe...HA!!!  She definately has a thing or two to learn.

After the shower we took a count of how many people were there.  We roughly counted 68 people!!!  That is a lot of people in my house!  It was so awesome to see everyone there and know that there are so many people that are so excited for this baby and how loved he/she is already!!


~ Our cousin Tina ~



& here are some of the people that help make this day happen...




~ I don't know if anyone was as excited for this day as Molly was...not even Shannon ;) ~


~ Yes, we were dorks and even coordinated our outfits.  Ok, so it was my idea so that makes me the dork.  But it was sure fun!! ~


Here is the group of Party Planners after AJ & Kara had already left.  We were so busy that we didn't get a photo until after that whole sha-bang!!  Also missing is Michelle who did her share from all the way in the south.  ( she made the very cool banner :)

I absolutely LOVE this family!!  And I cannot wait to add baby Pohm to this crazy bunch!!

5 comments:

  1. It was one of my favorite baby showers. Its was fun to plan and fun to see all the family & friends. I'm so excited for Aaron & Shannon to be parents. Its going to be so fun seeing Shannon be a mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys didn't miss a detail..wish I could have been there, but it sounds like you had plenty of people! I'm so happy for Shannon and I think it's so great you made this such a special occasion for her/them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH!!!! these are the moments that make me SO mad I'm out west and WAY TOO FAR from Ohio! :( Looks like you had a blast, great turn out and so much lover. You're right, Shannon did deserve the mother of all baby showers. I even saw Crystal in the background of one of your pics and that was fun to see her too! :) Even if it is just via pics, fun to see all of you! And you looked great in your "dorky" color coordinated outfits! he, he. I gotta start shopping for a cheap ticket... I need a road trip and should come meet this baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhhhhh I wish so mad I could have been there. I will have to wear yellow, white and black tomorrow in honor of the shower! so cute. I saw and aweful lot of pink in those presents.... is that because she is having a girl? I know they werent' going to find out, maybe I'm just seeing things? I wish I could see my shannon pregnant. So happy I'm shedding tears. Hopefully I'll get to see you all soon. Congrats to my shanner bananer

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special day!! You did a beautiful job (not that I had a doubt). So excited for Aaron and Shannon, praying for a smooth transition for them as they welcome the new one! Congrats Aunt Jenny ;)

    ReplyDelete