Sunday, May 29, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

How often do we see our kids mimiking what we do?  I have had a couple of expierences where I find my kids "pretending" to do some of the things we do in our everyday life.  Sometimes they are proud mommy moments and other times I shake my head and think is that really how it is??

About a year ago Molly had a friend over.  They came barreling down the stairs with dress-up clothes and shoes on.  I asked why they were in such a hurry and where they were going?  Molly's reply was..."We are pretending we are going to church and we are going to be late!"  I decided it was time to start getting up earlier on Sunday mornings becasue this was our usual Sunday morning routine.  This was definately not my proudest mommy moment.

Well yesterday my kids redeemed me.  I walked out of my room and this is what I saw...


....This is my kids version of playing "Library"! 

That is definately one thing that I never played, at least I don't think so!  One of the things I try to do often with my kids is visit the library.  I have really high hopes of going a lot this summer.  I am glad that my kids seem to really enjoy going to library since they are obviously re-creating it at home.

I am sure my kids will continue to do things everyday that make me wonder if I am doing a good enough job as a mother.  I just hope that once in awhile they throw in a thing or two that show that maybe once in awhile I am more than just "good enough"!

No comments:

Post a Comment