Monday, May 23, 2011

What a View....

Have you ever heard the song by Lonestar, "My Frontporch Looking in"?  Well Tonight while  I was taking a walk around the 'hood...(neighborhood) the songs lyrics came into my head!  

There's a carrot top who can barely walk
With a sippy cup of milk
A little blue eyed blonde with shoes on wrong
'Cause she likes to dress herself
And the most beautiful girl holding both of them
Yeah the view I love the most
Is my front porch looking in



I don't usually walk around the 'hood, I usally take off and walk the "towncourse".  Tonight there were so many storms brewing so I wanted to be able to get home within a matter of seconds.  While on my walk I was able to see an amazing view.  On the road behind our house in a backyard I saw a very handsome father playing baseball with a young boy and two very cute little kids jumping on a tramoline.



& All of those were mine.  This is My life.  MY husband, MY kids, MY house, MY life!  I am a very lucky, blessed lady.  Now don't get me wrong my life is not perfect.  There's the "other" house that we need to sell.  There's the needing a new car, but for now we'll just repair what's broken (a $600 part)!  There's the laundry, messy house, cranky kids, not enough time to get everything done & all the other day to day problems that many of us face.  But all that is pretty minimal.  I have a husband who loves me, healthy kids, a roof over our heads & food on the table.  It isn't much to some, but for me it's all I've ever wanted.

So go take a walk in your neighbor hood and along the way take time to enjoy YOUR view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment