Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thank Patrick's Day

For some reason St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in this house this year.  I think I just like a reason to decorate & celebrate.  It started with a few decorations that I have picked up after St. Patty's Day at a very low cost and has spiraled into the 5th biggest holiday.  But it's really just a few little things that I have done to make it fun for my kids!

Molly has been talking about Thank Patrick's Day for about two weeks.  So we got some green shirts, shamrock tatoos, and leprechaun hats/crowns!  Yesterday Molly & I made some shamrock cut-out cookies and Emmett made his leprechaun trap!!



So since there was a leprechaun trap...I guess he has to come and play some tricks!

Pulled Emmett's money off his trap and scattered it on his floor.

Hung Molly's clothes from her ceiling fan. (I wish he would have cleaned it while he was up there :)

Flipped the chairs over.

Put the cookies above the cupboard.

Switched the plates with the cups.

& Molly's shoes were hanging on the back of her chair!

Here are my little leprechauns all dressed for their day...


& we also spent alot of the day riding the GREEN tractor!


And we topped off the night with, of course, Jig's Dinner...or as Molly called it, Jake's dinner.  She kept wondering when we were going to take Jake's Dinner over to him.  He's only 7 months...he won't be eating this for awhile.



It was definately a fun day.  I love being able to make fun memories for my kids.  But now when anything happens or isn't in it place the kids blame it on those pesky leprechauns ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love those grandchildren, and there mom is crazy. you have so much fun playing tricks on E-M-M. and they fall for it. (does Chad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to stop reading your blog, I am starting to feel like a boring mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! her really did hit your house. ideas for me for next year too. :)

    ReplyDelete