Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Michelle!!

Tomorrow is the birthday of one of my favorite people, (Ok so everyone in my family are my favorite people).  My sister-in-law Michelle has been a part of our family since (I think) 1995!  She & Andrew got married in June of 2001.  I think marrying her was the best thing Andrew ever did.


Michelle is so easy to talk to.  I don't usually call her unless I have an hour to be on the phone and I hope that she doesn't pick up the phone unless she has an hour to talk. 

I can't always say that things have been wonderful between us.  I think, like most families, we went through that transistion period where our families had to learn to mesh.  But I think that going through that made our bond even stronger. 

She is my blogging mentor.  (Pieracini.blogspot.com)  I have always enjoyed looking at her blog, even if she has been slacking lately!  (ha ha)!  When I started this blog I called her several times for help.  She knows so much about computers and she can talk me through just about anything.  She also has a way with words.  I recently wanted to comment on a facebook post and wanted to make sure what I said came across in a loving way and didn't want my words to miscontrue the point I was actually trying to making.  (Misconstrue is one of the big words Michelle knows how to use ;)  I have done this on more than one occasion.  Whenever I call Michelle for advice, help or whatever it may be she never acts as if she is being put out.  I can't say that I always come across that way when someone calls me.  Maybe she really is but she does a good job of hiding it.

Michelle is also there for the very important things in life....Like the Bachelor :)  

I think we talked Tuesday morning for over an hour on whether Brad was going to pick Emily or Chantel! (Which we both want him to pick Emily.)   She said she wishes she lived closer so that we could get together and watch all of reality, trash TV together. When we are together we always have a great time and usually end up acting like a bunch of kids. I think it would be a dream to have Michelle for my neighbor.

I told my mom a few weeks ago, sometimes I feel like I am the most like Shannon, sometimes I think that it is Marsha and sometimes it's Michelle.  Sorry guys, I know none of you want to be anything like me but I am trying to take the best of all of you and blend it all into one.

We are a very lucky family.  We have such wonderful in-laws that just make our family that much better.  Michelle has added so much to this family.  She is a wonderful mother, wife and sister.  Thanks for being you Michelle and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!


*Seriously...do they get much prettier than this???

~Boo-yah Michelle!  How's that for showing you up in the blogging world?!?!  (inside joke :)

4 comments:

  1. Boo-yah is right, sista! Talk about putting me to shame. You sure know how to start a girl's birthday off right. I love you for bringing so much laughter to my life, Jenny. You are such a sweet lil' sis!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I would have spotlighted her on my blog first. Now if I do it, it'll just look like I'm copying you. : ) What a beautiful post Jenny! You're so sweet and I know that Michelle just ADORES you. Happy Birthday Michelle!

    (if emily doesn't get chosen, it'll be a sad day. she's perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...wish I would make time to blog. Jenny you are so sweet...Michelle, Jenny said it just the right way it is GREAT. You are so special to the family. Even though you don't live right next door we feel such a part of your life and make you a part of ours. Love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily is my favorite too! I wish Michelle lived closer so I could get to know her better too. What a great tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete