Saturday, February 19, 2011

Money Saving Madness!!!

I have began my trek to save more money!  I have recently discovered the "wellness" program at RiteAid.  Apparently I am WAY behind.  But it is never too late to start.

It all started when my brother Nick said that AJ hasn't paid for toothpaste or toilet paper in years.  I was like What?!?!?  I am not a coupon clipper, but if I can get that stuff for free then I was willing to be.  So I have been checking a few blogs, but realized the best way to get started was to just go to Rite Aid!

My Mom and I went and this is what I got...


All of this cost me $12.79 before tax.  After going to RiteAid my Mom had me run into Walmart and price each item.  This would have cost me $17.22 there.  That is a savings of ....drumroll please.........brace yourselves........$4.43!!!  WOW....I know that is not very much. But, you do have to take into consideration that is only a 12 dollar transaction so it is a 34.6% savings and this was my first go at it.  I didn't take in any additional coupons.  I am still learning.  Even little savings will add up...right?!?!?

I am having fun with it and I enjoy a challange!  And the two tubes of tooth paste were FREE!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMgosh this made me think of that new TV show ( I am a reality junkie too) where they go to the store and get like $700 for $.56 b/c of coupons. I need to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete