Monday, February 7, 2011

Sad, sad day .....

Well it's official!!  We have taken down Max's crib.  This is the first time in 7 years that we haven't had a crib up in our house.  We put up Emmett & Max's bunk bed last saturday.  The kids absolutely LOVE them.  They belonged to Chad and Bryan when they were little.  A little red paint and they are like new!!  Max slept in his bottom bunk from the first night.  He had been running a fever so he usually found his way down to mommy and daddy's bed sometime during the night.  But by about night 4 or 5 he was staying up in his bed the entire night!! 




We kept the crib up for a week just in case Max was having a hard time transitioning.  (i think mommy and daddy were the ones having a hard time with the transition ;).  But he did just fine and never wanted back in his crib.  So yesterday...IT CAME DOWN...(*tear*)


Here it is completely assembled.



And here it is without the bedding, looking very empty.  Kinda like the way I was feeling on the inside.



Here is my baby...I mean BIG boy "helping" take it down.  Notice the tools.  It's a wonder that Chad even needed to go to the garage to get his !!



And I was doing Ok until Molly turned on the baby aquarium, which sounds like this!


I did tear up a little bit, followed my lots of hugs from Molly.  This is a sound that will always remind me of a newborn baby.  I would go into Emmett's room before he was born and turn this aquarium on and dream of bringing home my little baby.  And I would do the same when anticipating the arrivial of my other two children!  And it has been on this crib for the whole 7 years.  This is a very familiar sound that I will always associate with  the crib and the babies in it!




And this is what a room looks like with NO crib...


...and lots of kids running around!
It's kinda nice to have the extra space in the kids bedroom, but I still can't believe that I have THREE kids.  None of which are "babies".  I mean, Max is still in diapers, still takes a pacifier and we still rock him to sleep.  But he is over two and I have no idea where the time went. 
Only time will tell if that crib will make it out of the attic.  But for now, we are a cribless home!  I am going to try my best to take advantage of ALL the fun things I can do with my BIG kids without a baby slowing us down a little!  (You know...like starting a Blog!)  I love my three kids and I am definately enjoying the journey!!


3 comments:

  1. Aww...those bittersweet Mommy moments. Love their room and the red bunks. Welcome to the bloggy world. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to be joining you soon. Hopefully you will fill it again one day. The room looks great and so does your blog!

    ReplyDelete