Monday, February 21, 2011

Mom's Day off...(kinda)


A few months ago I felt like I never relaxed!!  So with all these snow days I have been trying to do that a little more of that.

Today the kids had a scheduled day off.  We had Robyn & Morgan spend the night.  I was also supposed to babysit my nephew Jake, but his mommy didn't have school due to freezing rain.  So with the older kids taking on the Big TV, Max and I watched TV in my bed, did some "work" on the computer and read.



I know everyone around here seems to be tired of all this snowy weather.  I try to keep in mind that this is the way it is supposed to be.  It IS February and we ARE in Northwest Ohio.  I am trying to enjoy what we are dealt.  I tend to relax alot more in the winter.  In the summer there is so much more work to be done.  Not only do we have work inside the house, there is also plenty to be done outside the house.  Then there is the kids wanting to be outside all the time.  I can't let the little ones play outside without being watched but when they are playing inside I don't have to "hover" quite so much.  This frees up more of my time.

I even get in a nap once in awhile in the winter time!


Ok so we are not really sleeping in this picture, but Max did take a nap beside me while I looked at some of my newfound "deal seeking" blogs.  And what is better than snuggling beside a sleeping baby?!?!?



And here are all the kids getting in on the picture taking action (minus Robyn who is the photographer )!  They have been so good today.  Makes not having a baby seem more and more appealing everyday.  There is definately alot more relaxing that goes on without one in the house :) 

But for now....back to the laundry, dishes and checking out all the havoc that has been wrecked while I have been "relaxing "!

3 comments:

  1. It IS kind of nice to have some extra time at home. My favorite is when Elizabeth is sick. I don't have all of the kids home, but my best babysitter is here (assuming she isn't too sick)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever seen you "take it easy." I have always called you "Monica" from friends. Hope you enjoyed your time off...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jenny robyn says you forgot to say she took the pictures

    ReplyDelete